Friday 16 September 2011

At This Point, I Began Crying Blood

http://www.creationmoments.com/content/light-distant-stars-proof-millions-years

Read that link. Now, you can understand why right now I am crying blood.

If the speed of light (c) was different, you know what else would change? The fine structure constant.

The fine structure constant is defined by the following equation:


If the speed of light changes, so does the fine structure constant. So if c was 1,000 bigger in 4004 BC (as asserted by this website), the fine structure constant would be 7.29735×10^-6, which would not allow stars to fuse carbon (or anything, most likely, making them sort of NOT SHINE), which means life could not exist. And life certainly does exist (see me), so the speed of light can't have been 1000 times bigger in the past.

Hang on, I just need to wipe some blood out of my eyes.

--Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment