Friday 17 June 2011

God on Killing

The bible has quite a bit of 'kill everyone because I said so'. Kill gays, kill atheists, kill muslims, kill annoying kids and so on. But this is not contradictory! How, I hear you metaphorically ask? I mean Exodus 20:13, thou shalt not kill. Atheists could exploit this.

Those atheists who exploit it are wrong. Why? Because 'thou shalt not kill' is a mistranslation from the original hebrew. The real Ex 20:13 should really be 'thou shalt not murder'. And murder is, of course, killing someone who doesn't deserve it. Though considering gay/atheist/muslim/annoying kids worthy of death is pretty messed up in itself, back in those days sexism/racism was acceptible.

So don't use that argument

--Thomas

P.S. Is there any substitute for a "/"? I think I am spamming them.

P.P.S. It might seem ironic I am arguing for Christians. The reason I am is because my Atheist stance makes me seek out fallacies on both sides of the argument, not just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment